Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Visiting the UP Diliman Campus

I returned back to the UP Campus in Diliman to secure from the Registrar’s office my and my sisters' transcripts of record who graduated several decades ago.

The feeling was nostalgic following application procedures, filling out forms, tracking steps and paying at the cashier. It brought back memories of deva ju remembering the same landmarks at the campus.

The experience was pleasant as the frontliners I’ve encountered have strong service orientation starting from the valet at the UP Admin office, the female guards at the UP Admission office and Cherrie, the frontliner handling the Transcript Window.

1st I found out that the Registrar’s office was no longer at the Admin building behind the oblation but along T. M. Kalaw about a hundred meters behind the AS Faculty Center. The valet near the oblation correctly gave me directions on how to reach the area.

At the Registrar’s office at the 2/F of a relatively new edifice, there were adequate information on forms and processes on how to go about the request. Since I was the only applicant that morning, Cherrie behind the glass counter attended to my inquiries promptly, politely and quickly. She probed for some compliance to checklist before committing to the release of the transcripts.

To my pleasant surprise, the published 2 to 3 month processing waiting can be shortened provided conditions are met such as clearances, correct data and applicants’ academic status. It helped that the original documents are in place, online data are updated, clearances were accomplished and the staff was well informed and customer centered. I was shown the class cards, some forms with my signature, college handwriting and photographs which flashed back my cherished recollections of college where I enjoyed learning immensely anything that comes my way.  I looked forward to attending each class everyday because there were new discoveries per session.  I recall having no absences including military training in my 4 year education.

That short 15 minute visit at the campus made me feel good and proud to be an alumnus of the university in spite of the impending Typhoon Juaning projected to hit Metro Manila early in the afternoon.

I enjoyed my college because education then was my life and nothing got in the way for me to get the most from it. For this, I am grateful to my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment