Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Deconstructing the 3rd Presidential Debate

The town hall format of ABS CBN is structured for the candidates to objectively submit themselves for the voters to assess their capability to lead the nation. Voters may look at them independently or in comparison with others. But the viewers must know how to discern. The flow makes its easy for viewers to be enlightened.

Town hall opened with my Vision for 2022 and ended with why I can make that vision happen. Inspect my track record and my competency. To provide tangible evidence, here are my views on some issues of the plights of the fisherman, the overseas Filipino worker, the urban commuter, those needing healthcare from the remote areas, the indigenous group, the marginalized. If you have doubts about qualification because of perceived weaknesses and charges against me, here is my stand.


Their visions for the Philippines are:
·         Miriam: Country where there is a uniform rule of law. Economy is healthy, agriculture is modernized. We have a better trained and equipped police. City free from congestion
·         Digong: Corrected injustices in the government, a clean government free of crime
·         Jejomar: Filipino is proud in a prosperous Philippines, families living better lives
·         Grace: A country with a caring government. With permanent employment, food on the table, respect for rights especially the women
·         Mar: A progressive and decent Philippines with a bright future. A country that is free from fear where the poor has a sure place to say. A country free to dream

I can deliver the vision because:
·         Miriam: I am best qualified to lead this nation. I have most important requirements to qualify for the presidency - academic, professional and moral excellence. We are not just looking for a ordinary leader but the President of the Philippines. And I will not quit.
·         Digong: I, an ordinary man am mad about crime, drugs. I will ask them to stop. Because when I say stop, people follow. When I say it, I do it.
·         Jejomar: I am capable of delivering what I promised. I am the most experienced, an administrator and a decisive leader.
·         Grace: With the problems facing the country, it needs a mother with a fresh perspective to make Filipino lives better.
·         Mar: Stay the course with me continuing good, honest, decent governance. We can but we have to rally together to bring the Philippines forward. We can as there are a lot of decent Filipinos joining us in this fight.

I summarized these thoughts in Tweeter in three lines: #‎PiliPinasDebates2016 has a logical outline. What is your 2022 vision? Why do I think I can do it? I have an important program for the marginalized.

If still unsure, this may influence you. Names have been deleted for your unbiased assessment:
  1. Kung best of the best, gusto mo ng superiority
  2. Kung galit at punong puno na, sa pagbabago, askyon at bakal na kamay
  3. Kung wala ng pagasa, yung libre at kahit ano sasakyan
  4. Kung may inaaasa pa, sakay ka sa pangarap.
  5. Kung level headed o mahinahon, hanap mo facts at info, paliwanag at realistic performance

Closing statements links
Miriam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDAYR1ioBBw
Digong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2qroKnNMM
Jejomar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgVozH0Z8cc
Grace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2lpnorI-bM
Mar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5M66z3DKY0

https://www.facebook.com/mar.roxas.official/videos/vb.32626764352/10153711643339353/?type=2&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment