Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tulaan at LRT2

While riding at the LRT2, I spotted the Tulaan sa Metro and Berso sa Metro posters at the coach. For P 12.0, the ride is really a steal especially if one wants to move fast with a bonus poetry appreciation.

First I read the Spanish verse.
I confirm my understanding by reading the Tagalog translation.

Then I relate to the poem.
Before I know it, I have to leave the coach as I already overshot my destination.

Yo sueño que estoy aquí
destas prisiones cargado,
y soñé que en otro estado
más lisonjero me vi.
¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
una sombra, una ficción,
y el mayor bien es pequeño:
que toda la vida es sueño,
y los sueños, sueños son.

"Ano ang buhay? Isang Kahibangan . . .
Ano ang buhay? Isang Ilusyon . . .
Isang anino, isang kasinungalingan
At ang malalaking biyaya ay maliit pa rin,
dahil ang buhay ay isa lamang pangarap,
At ang ma pangarap ay pangarap lamang."


"Naririto ako dahil ikaw'y nakilala, ikaw ang buhay mula ng ikaw'y makita.
Kung ako'y mamamatay ng di ka nakilala,
Di ako mamamatay dahil di ako nabuhay . . ."

Tagalog translation of Pedro Calderón de la Barca's La vida es sueño posted at the Tulaan sa Tren at traversing from Santolan Pasig to Recto via LRT2. Remembering my Arts and Science days where I fared well both in Spanish and Pilipino.

Manila Bulletin writes about Tulaan (2) sa Tren in an article "Travelling thoughts, moving words" written by Angelo Garcia.

Seen in one of the coaches of  LRT1 Feb 2019


Berso sa Metro is in Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment