Saturday, August 08, 2009

Davao Diversion Zipline

A colleague who was driving by the Davao Diversion Road pointed to me Accelerate, the Zipline. Zipline is a an uninterrupted suspended cable from a high point (200 meters) to a lower end. 

A user is attached to a harness, positioned in a seated or lying position and pushed to the destination by gravity at a speed of about 100 kilometers per hour.

An arrester near the end controls the landing speed until the suspended person comes to a complete stop.

He asked if I'd like to see. Adventurous as I am I said, sure.

I was given an overview of the activity, given safety briefing, walked for 15 minutes to a 250 meter hill and then crossed the 750 meter line across a river in 25 seconds.

Done in less than 30 minutes.

Exhilaration in a dash.


(Photo insert of Jobert P. in the Powerade booth)

PDI article

No comments:

Post a Comment