Way back in 1977, a colleague from PALMC Tere Collantes has written about Siargao.
Surigao 1997 Highlights of Tere’s Trip
• Took a PAL direct flight to Surigao City
• Stayed at Tavern Hotel in Surigao @ P170/ night
• 7 and 7:30 AM boat schedules to Dapa @ P40.
• Mobility in the island via a motorbike
• Union in General Luna, 1st stop. Stay at Latitude 9 @ P50/night single
• Del Carmen stop for crocodile farm, Tagaktak Falls for power supply
• Magpupungko Pilar for rock formation, Pansukian for Cloud 9
• Overnight at Dapa at Marimar Lodge @ P75/person
• Return to Surigao via Dapa for the 7:00AM and 7:30 AM schedule
Way back then, we were already toying around with surfing.